Lemon Buttercream Salmon Steak
The Hesslebach Braiser is designed to offer complete heat control, ensuring that onions for the Lemon Buttercream Salmon Steak are sautéed to just the right level of tenderness without burning. Its superior heat distribution allows for long-term braising at a consistent temperature, which helps the sauce penetrate deep into the salmon, infusing it with flavor and keeping it moist throughout the cooking process.
- 2 salmon steaks (6-8 oz each)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh dill, chopped
- Lemon wedges
- Fresh dill
- Pan Searing: Ensure your pan is hot before adding the salmon to give a nice sear
- Skin-on or off: Cooking with the skin on can help retain its shape and moisture. However, if you prefer skinless, ensure the pan is well-oiled.
- Don't Overcook: Salmon cooks quickly and can dry out. Aim for an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
- Final Thought: The creamy, tangy sauce should accentuate the salmon, not overpower it, so adjust lemon and seasoning to taste.
1. Preparing the Salmon Steak:
- Season the salmon steaks generously with salt and black pepper.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat, place the salmon steaks, skin-side down, and cook until the skin is crispy and golden.
2. Creating the Creamy Sauce:
- In the same skillet, add minced garlic, sautéing lightly until aromatic.
- Pour in the heavy cream, stirring gently to combine with the garlic.
- Mix in the Dijon mustard and fresh lemon juice, allowing the sauce to simmer gently until it thickens slightly.
3. Finishing Touches:
- Lower the heat, returning the salmon steaks to the skillet, allowing them to bask in the creamy sauce, absorbing its delightful flavors.
- Sprinkle the fresh parsley and dill into the sauce, letting the herbs infuse their essence.
4. Garnishing and Serving:
- Place each creamy salmon steak on a plate.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and a sprig of fresh dill.
You will also love these recipes
Steak on Rice
Inspired by the Korean cusine, each bite unfolds a symphony of rich flavors and delightful textures.
Korean Braised Beef - Galbijjim
Bite onto the meticulously marinated and grilled rib. Perfectly braised for rich, extraordinary tastes by Hesslebach Dutch Oven.
French Onion Soup